We asked a set of fifteen astronomy related questions. In order to get some insight into how the astronomers mind works…
- If you could go back in time and meet any scientific figure, what period would that be and who would you like to meet most?
- Do you have a favourite constellation?
- What do you regularly observe?
- What do you specialise in?
- Who influenced you most to take up astronomy?
- What advice would you give to a beginner just starting out?
- The Drake equation,N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi * fc * L , attempts to estimate the number of possible civilizations in our universe, Is there life out there….?
- What is the best part of being an astronomer and the worst?
- If you could visit anywhere in the universe where would that be and why?
- What gadget do you find indispensable as an astronomer?
- During the twentieth and twenty-first centuries our understanding of the universe has taken huge leaps forward. Which discovery do you think had the greatest impact?
- We still only know what 5% of the universe is composed of normal matter, What about the other 95%?
- What future discovery are you looking most forward to?
- What book would you recommend for our WAS members to read on cloudy nights?
- As a stranded desert island astronomer you are allowed to take three things with you, what would they be?
See what the answers were…….
The first to answer the Astronomer 15 Q&A and get the ball rolling is our very own……
More Astronomer 15 Q&A